Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My First Blog Post

Thursday, February 19 2009 - 01:11

Welcome to my blog for LinnyGirl Designs!

I will totally confess that I have no idea what I should be writing about right now, as this is my first attempt at blogging, so I am just going to write something and hope I don’t scare anyone away. In all honesty, blogging to me still sounds like something a six year old might do after eating way too much cotton candy, but everyone says that blogging is an important part of promoting your business, especially a new business like mine, so here I am jumping on the bandwagon. Do I know what the heck I'm doing? In a word, no-- but I thought I should jot something down to get things rolling or I will procrastinate this whole blog thing to death. I do need to finish the five other projects I’ve already started; designing new earring cards for one. I know I could just buy stock earring cards, but I feel that handmade jewelry designs deserve something special for them to be displayed on.
Here’s a picture of my first attempt at making one.





Pretty purple paper. Pretty stamp. Pretty gold ink. Somehow it all looks so wrong….


Here's my second attempt.



Same pretty purple cardstock. Same pretty stamper. Different color ink... still doesn't work.


Third attempt.. .hopefully the last.




Pretty printed cardstock. No stamp. No ink. Simple. Elegant. I like it.
Love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment