Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MARCH MADNESS!

Can you believe that March is right around the corner? Before you know it, it will be Spring! Spring is one of my favorite times of year. I love seeing all the flowers waking up from their Winter slumber and look forward to the bright colors that start peppering the landscape.

March's birthstone is Aquamarine. The cool blue tones of this semi-precious gemstone remind me of the seashore. Some of my favorite jewelry pieces have aquamarines in them. I swear that I can almost smell the sea spray and hear the whooshing of the ocean’s waves when I’m wearing them. It’s interesting how color can have such an affect on you. How yellow makes you happy. Grey makes you feel more sedate. Colors and patterns and textures truly are such an important part of the design process. Together, those elements can evoke a whole host of emotions in someone, or transport them to a different time and place.

Beansoup Aprons, for example, does just that with their whimsical line of aprons for children and grownups! The patterns, colors and designs bring you back to a time when Sunday afternoons in the kitchen with Grandma were times to be cherished. Hop on over to Beansoup and check out their funky, retro designs. My favorite? Their Retro Surf Overall Apron.





Is it me, or is that the beach calling?

No comments:

Post a Comment